- Milk Powder – 1 cup (I used every day)
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 3 tblspn
- Baking Soda – a pinch
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Yoghurt – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – for Deep frying
- Sugar – 1.5 cup
- Water – 2 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp ( I used 4 cardamom pods)
- Rose Water – few drops
- Saffron – a big pinch
(My 1 cup measures 240 ml)
- In a sifted, add in flour, milk powder, salt and baking soda. Sieve them together.
- Now take this in a bowl, add in ghee and curd. Knead it to a soft sticky dough. Add more curd if needed. Let the dough rest for 5 mins while you make the syrup.
- Take sugar and water in a sauce pan, bring it to boil. Simmer it for 5 to 8 mins till it gets little sticky. Dont need for the syrup to reach 1 string.
- Now add in cardamom powder, saffron and rose essence. Mix well.
- Take small portion of dough and shape it into smooth balls. The balls should be very smooth without any cracks.
- Now heat oil or ghee for deep frying.Drop the jamuns in and fry till golden. The oil should be on low, when you drop a jamun ball in, the ball should first sink to the bottom then slowly rise to the top.
- Drain and drop into hot syrup (you can reheat the syrup till it is hot and then drop the jamun in). Cover and let them soak for 2 hours.