For the pancakes :
- Rice Flour – 2 cups
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 2tsp
- Shallots onions – 4-5 nos
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Coconut oil – for frying
- Water – 1 cup
- In a pan warm 1 tsp ghee and when its hot add water.
- When the water boils add the flour and warm it for some time in low flame and then turn off the flame.
- Sprinkle the salt.
- Blend the grated coconut along with cumin seeds and shallots into a coarse form (do not make a paste) in a mixer with a single spin.
- Add the blended mix to the flour and knead it into a smooth dough similar to patiri.
- Roll out small portions of the dough into lime sized ball and flatten it between the palms to give it shape.
- Flatten each balls with palm thick disc shaped flat breads (with a thickness of 2 pooris).
- Pour coconut oil in a pan and heat it. When it becomes hot drop 1 pathiris to the oil.
- When they start puffing up flip them and fry until they become crispy.
- Enjoy with prawns ularthiyad or veg kurma.