Here comes another chicken recipe !!!!
Pepper chicken is one of our family favorite dish that I prepare regularly. Like any other spice, freshly ground pepper is much more flavorful and aromatic .
In this recipe freshly ground pepper and fried onions are used, which enhances the flavor of the dish.
Its very tasty and very easy to cook !
- Chicken – 500 gm
- Onion – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Shallots (crushed) – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 10 to 12
- Chilly powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Crushed pepper – 4 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Potato – 1 medium cut into length wise
- Corriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- Marinate the chicken with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder , 1/2 tsp ginger- garlic paste, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, salt and lemon juice. Mix and keep this in fridge for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadai ,add onion and fry till it comes golden brown. Set it aside. Fry potatoes and chicken separately and set it aside.
- In same kadai add green chilli , ginger, garlic, shallots and saute for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Add remaining chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala and cook on low flame until the oil gets separated.
- Add tomatoes and saute till it comes mushy. Then add half cup boiled water.
- Once water starts boiling, add fried chicken, half of the fried onions and potatoes.Mix well
- Reduce the heat and cover with lid. Cook until chicken is done .
- Open the lid and cook till the moisture evaporates.
- Add crushed pepper powder, chopped coriander leaves, remaining fried onions and potatoes. Mix well.
- Serve with hot steamed rice, paratha, appam, naan,etc.