Sandwiches are a popular type of lunch food, taken to work, school, or picnics to be eaten as part of a packed lunch. The bread can be either plain, or coated with condiments such as mayonnaise or mustard, to enhance its flavor and texture
The recipe that I am going to be sharing with you is packed with a whole lot of veggies and flavor , that is sure to leave you wanting more.
- Bread – 4 Slices
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise – 3 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch ( Mayonnaise is salted , so use only if needed)
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp (Optional)
- Garlic clove minced – 1
- Ground Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp ( or you can use any sauce you like)
- Chopped Onion or Shallots – 2 tbsp
- Green Chilli – 1 ( Deseeded and chopped)
- Grated Carrot – 2 tbsp
- Cabbage / Lettuce – as needed
- Capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Boiled Sweet Corn -3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Spread butter on the bread.
- Toast the buttered bread on a griddle or toaster.*
- In a bowl , add onion, garlic and lemon juice. Mix well. Allow it to rest for a while. This makes the onions and garlic less pungeant.
- In the same bowl , add the remaining veggies and mix well.
- Add mayonnaise, chilli flakes, salt, pepper and mustard powder .
- Mix everything well and spread on the bread. Place another slice of bread on top and cut into triangles.
- Garnish with some cheddar cheese and its ready to serve.
*Notes : If you are not serving the sandwich right away , toasting them is a good idea since it prevents the sandwich from turning soggy.