Just like the much popular orange chicken, Orange Beef is well loved by many people.Beef is the preferred meat for many people and this recipe fits the bill. Because the protein used is beef, the dish is beefy and stronger in flavors. Every bite is bursting with the tender and juicy flavors of the beef sirloin.
- Beef top sirloin (thinly sliced) – 1 ½ pounds
- White sugar – 1/3 cup
- Rice wine vinegar – 1/3 cup
- Orange juice concentrate – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Cornstarch – ¼ cup
- Orange zest – 2 tsp
- Grated fresh ginger – 3 tbsp
- Minced garlic – 1 ½ tbsp
- Oil for frying – 2 cups
Preparation Method :
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, rice vinegar, orange juice concentrate, salt and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Add the beef in a pressure cooker and cook (around 3 whistles). Let it cool.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Toss beef in corn starch to coat and fry in small batches until crispy and golden brown. Set aside.
- Drain all of the oil from the wok except about 1 tablespoon. Add orange zest, ginger and garlic to the remaining oil, and cook briefly until fragrant.
- Add the soy sauce and beef stock mixture to the wok and bring to a boil, and cook until thick and syrupy (about 5 minutes). Add beef and heat through, stirring to coat….