Here I’m going to post our traditional recipie .
A Thalasserry style preparation of mutton with with Malabar spices and herbs .Its called Mutton Kakkam.I got the kakkam secret from my ummammas firewood kitchen and I would like to name it as “ummammas treasure.”
Kakkam ..this enigmatic dish has nothing to reveal as special.but every thalasserians have their own method to prepare Kakkam .wheather it is mutton,chicken,or sea food the base is its simplicity.Nothing more nothing less,kakkams cop with almost all north Malabar breads.
Mutton- 500 gms
Onion thinely sliced -2
Garlic paste – 2 tsp
Ginger paste – 1 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 1/2 tsp
Corriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Gharam masala -1/2 tsp
Tomato – 2
water – 1/2 cup
Garlic crushed -1 tsp
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker add above all ingredients cover it and cook for one whistle on high flame and then leave on low flame for around 10 minutes
- Switch off the flame and let the pressure go by itself
- Take the mutton pieces from the gravy and keep aside
- Heat a Kadai add ghee crushed garlic curry leaves fry till aroma comes ( medium flame).
- Add mutton gravy when it comes thicken add mutton and toss well
- Add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Serve this with appam,porotta,orotti,rice and puri